[daip] error with the FQ table

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 9 11:05:03 EST 2018

On 01/08/2018 09:04 PM, Feng Gao wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> I was running AIPS on one GRAVITY dataset but keep encounter some error messages like (with e.g. LISTR or UVPLT):
>
> LOCALH> UVPLT1: TABIO: I/O ERROR    1 ON
> LOCALH> UVPLT1: TABFQ: TABIO ERROR  3
> LOCALH> UVPLT1: NO MATCH TO SELBAND/SELFREQ ADVERBS - CHECK INPUTS
>
> The data contains 210 IFs (medium resolution), I don't know if this might cause such a problem. Previous I've used data containing 11 IFs (low resolution) and it works fine. So I'm a bit puzzled and would like to ask you for help.
>
> Please see attached the FQ table for both the medium and low resolution case. I've also attached the corresponding .uvfits file, for your reference.

The binary version of AIPS which we distribute allows a maximum of 90
IFs.  This is a parameter in $INC/PUVD.INC.  If you compile your own
AIPS with gfortran/gcc locally, then you could change this parameter to
210 (or 256 or whatever your actual limit will be) before you run
INSTEP2 and INSTEP4.  Then things should work - although I admit that
we have not tested in this range.  My personal copy of AIPS allows 300
antennas rather than the distributed limit of 90 and that works well.