[daip] [!11066]: AIPS - Possible problems in BPEDT and EDITA (AIPS 31DEC16)

Kazunori Akiyama nraohelp at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 27 23:00:32 EDT 2017

Kazunori Akiyama updated #11066
-------------------------------

Possible problems in BPEDT and EDITA (AIPS 31DEC16)

           Ticket ID: 11066
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 28 September 2017 03:00 AM
             Updated: 28 September 2017 03:00 AM
           Reply due: 02 October 2017 03:00 AM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution due: 24 June 2020 12:00 AM (999d 21h 0m)

Dear Eric,This is Kazu Akiyama at MIT Haystack Observatory. I'm now reducing the 1st VLBI data sets from ALMA with other colleagues in the EHT collaboration (as already you recieved other tickets from Gisera and Thomas). I'm submitting this ticket, because I might find possible bugs in BPEDT and EDITA. What I'm doing now is flagging (a) bad channels using a BP table solved with solint=-1 in BPASS, and also (2) time segments using a SN table generated from ACSCL. I found that FG table's rows generated by BPEDT and EDITA consistently have source=1 and subarray=1, even when the input BP or SN tables cover multi-sources. In particular, a fixed source ID=1 is serious --- it apparently makes these rows useless if the actual source of data is not the first source. I already confirmed that this can be fixed by directly editing FG table with TABED.We (EHT people) already wrote up a parseltongue function to tentatively correct this behavior (i.e. resetting source ID and subarray ID), so this is not an urgent issue. I would appreciate if you can cross-check this problem and fix this in a future release.Thank you very much,Kazu