[daip] slow flagging

Marina Kounkel mkounkel at umich.edu
Mon Sep 11 19:49:31 EDT 2017

Hi,

I’ve recently set up aips on a new 27” iMac machine, and I ran into a weird issue - when I run editr, the flagging is ridiculously slow - it takes several minutes to flag a time range, even just a handful of points, around 2 orders of magnitude slower than usual. Additionally, the font of all the commands is about twice as large compared how I am used to seeing them (even on similar-sized displays). Other TV-related issues don’t seem to be affected - the plotting of all the data happens at reasonable speed, at least. When I ssh into the machine, though, and run everything remotely, using local display, I don’t have this issue. I was wondering if you have any thoughts about any display settings that could be tweaked a bit to speed it up a bit.

Thanks,
Marina