[daip] Strange problem with IMAGR...

Nissim Kanekar nkanekar at ncra.tifr.res.in
Thu Nov 23 11:25:29 EST 2017

Hi Eric,

I've come across a strange problem with IMAGR and was wondering whether you
might have seen this before and might know a solution. It's giving me the
following error:

ZMSFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1 THRU = 0
ZMSFI2: BEYOND EOF = 0
  ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =        1
  ZMSGER: SYSTEM I/O ERROR CODE =         -1
MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT OPEN
IMAGR1: ZFI2: DELAY 1
ZMSFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1 THRU = 0
ZMSFI2: BEYOND EOF = 0
  ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =        1
  ZMSGER: SYSTEM I/O ERROR CODE =         -1
MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT OPEN
IMAGR1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
ZMSFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1 THRU = 0
ZMSFI2: BEYOND EOF = 0
  ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =        1
  ZMSGER: SYSTEM I/O ERROR CODE =         -1
MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT OPEN
IMAGR1: ABORT!
AIPS 1: TASK QUIT WITHOUT RESUMING ME
AIPS 1: Begin check for any 'standard' scratch files
AIPS 1: Scratch files -- destroyed:    2  still active:    0
AIPS 1: Resumes

Also, the message server shows NaN's as the beam minimum and maximum:

QUIXOT> IMAGR1: Field    1 Beam min =    NaN      Jy, max =    NaN      Jy
QUIXOT> IMAGR1: Fit Gaussian FWHM =   10.265 x    5.346      arcsec, PA=  -61.5

Do you have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks!
Nissim