[daip] [!11264]: AIPS - Accessing visibility data hangs

Avery Garon nraohelp at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 16 14:20:33 EST 2017

Avery Garon updated #11264
--------------------------

Accessing visibility data hangs
-------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 11264
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 16 November 2017 07:20 PM
             Updated: 16 November 2017 07:20 PM
           Reply due: 20 November 2017 07:20 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution due: 12 August 2020 12:00 AM (999d 4h 40m)

This is my first attempt using AIPS. When I attempt to work with the visibility data, the command I give to AIPS hangs. Top shows that the exe is given status D, uninterruptible sleep. This has happened with possm and tyapl so far. I've been trying to follow the AIPS Pband calibration guide. I let possm run overnight to see what happens, and it spits out a bunch of PLD files once an hour but nothing else.