[daip] [!11213]: AIPS - AIPS FITLD

Tracy Clarke nraohelp at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 7 12:23:37 EST 2017

Tracy Clarke updated #11213
---------------------------

AIPS FITLD
-----------

           Ticket ID: 11213
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 06 November 2017 06:09 PM
             Updated: 07 November 2017 05:23 PM
      Resolution due: 02 August 2020 12:00 AM (998d 6h 37m)

Hi Eric,Indeed AIPS works fine on the machine when run manually and I can load data etc. I ran the MANDL in the user number and it was fine.I figured out how to temporarily reset all the AIPS environment that Obit uses and pointed it to the 31DEC16 instead of the 31DEC17. When our scripts are run from the command line this way it runs fine and loads files no problem although we are then hit by the lack of the new FITLD features added in 31DEC17 for VLITE so the output is not what we want. I logged out and back in to reset the AIPS environment to the default 31DEC17 and ran the same command line script and it get the -999 on FITLD.I guess that would point to something in the Obit to updated AIPS interface that is going on but I'm wondering what could have caused the failure at the 31DEC17 recent update. Wendy is independently talking to Billand I will continue to try to track how the new AIPS is responding differently in the scripts to the 31DEC16 version.Thanks.Tracy