[daip] [!10220]: AIPS - AIPS on Mac Air Under 10.12.4

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Tue May 9 11:05:15 EDT 2017

Eric Greisen updated #10220
---------------------------

AIPS on Mac Air Under 10.12.4
-----------------------------

           Ticket ID: 10220
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 24 April 2017 07:49 PM
             Updated: 09 May 2017 03:05 PM
      Resolution Due: 16 May 2017 12:00 AM (6d 8h 54m)

I looked again at the startup messages and noticed that
there are no messages at all from the XAS program.  It is normally
quite loquacious so this suggests that the load module itself
is defective or is trying to use run-time libraries that do not
exist.  I assume that you ran fix_aips_elcap.sh which should make
appropriate links for the X libraries as well as the Intel (aips) ones.

I have asked about moving ahead of the curve here to test
this version.  But my laptop is too old and I do not dare use the
main Mac machine for experimenting.  I think others have used
4.12 and do not have this issue.  You could try re-running
fix_aips_elcap.sh and you could try deleting the XAS load
modules and running a MNJ to get fresh copies.

Do start up aips and then from another window do
ps -elf | grep XAS
to see if XAS is actually running or has failed silently from
the beginning.