[daip] [!10220]: AIPS - AIPS on Mac Air Under 10.12.4

David Roberts nraohelp at nrao.edu
Fri May 5 17:21:36 EDT 2017

AIPS on Mac Air Under 10.12.4
-----------------------------

           Ticket ID: 10220
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 24 April 2017 07:49 PM
             Updated: 05 May 2017 09:21 PM
                 Due: 09 May 2017 09:21 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 15 May 2017 09:21 PM (10d 0h 0m)

Hi Eric-

Here are the startup messages. Them message server starts up fine.

START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - WITH Unix Sockets as requested...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC16 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC16) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   2
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   2
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
UNIXSERVERS: TVSRV1 is already running on host localhost, user davidroberts
UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS1 on localhost, DISPLAY /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.i5guXebpCn/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
UNIXSERVERS: Start graphics server TKSRV1 on localhost, display /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.i5guXebpCn/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
UNIXSERVERS: Start message server MSSRV1 on localhost, display /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.i5guXebpCn/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
ZVTPO3: tcp/aipsmt0 is not a service
ZVTPO3: check /etc/services or NIS map!

I have attached the etc/services file.

Dave