[daip] [!10220]: AIPS - AIPS on Mac Air Under 10.12.4

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Fri May 5 16:37:12 EDT 2017

Eric Greisen updated #10220
---------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 28 April 2017 07:55 PM)

AIPS on Mac Air Under 10.12.4
-----------------------------

           Ticket ID: 10220
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 24 April 2017 07:49 PM
             Updated: 05 May 2017 08:37 PM
      Resolution Due: 04 May 2017 07:55 PM

I am sorry for the delay - I have been on vacation.

There are numerous causes for the messages you sent.  There is
some failure in the starting of XAS and that failure is reported in
the set of messages that appear when you start AIPS.  I would need
to see those.  One such cause is not having defined the Inet services
in the /etc/services file.  Try "aips tv=local" which uses unix sockets
rather than internet sockets.  There could also be issues with shared
memory size (on Macs) or other reasons why XAS fails to start.  Send me
the startup messages.