[daip] [!10643]: AIPS - gain results

Sarah Spolaor nraohelp at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 6 15:32:22 EDT 2017

Sarah Spolaor updated #10643
----------------------------

gain results
------------

           Ticket ID: 10643
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 06 July 2017 07:32 PM
             Updated: 06 July 2017 07:32 PM
                 Due: 10 July 2017 07:32 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 14 July 2017 07:32 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Hi guys -

I am continuing on my quest for reliable flux scales out of BS237 and better understanding the VLBA reduction process. I'd appreciate an extra opinion that the attached reflect sensible results for amplitude calibration. These results seem to be consistent across my separate epochs for this project. I note that the gains seem to imply SEFDs of ~2 times larger than one would expect from the reported values on the VLBA webpages (note: we used the S/X dichroic; files with "S" and "X" names relate accordingly). However, they're steady at least within the confines of individual sources. The observations are set up to observe a set of nearby targets/phasecals, then on occasion slew to two other reference/fringe calibrators, and then get back on target/phasecals (hence the occasional jumps in gain).

Note I recognize there are isolated bad points here; these will be flagged. IFs 1,5,8 are generally poor and have been flagged.

I guess my main question is: to your more trained eyes, are there any red flags here?

Thanks.

Staff CP:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff