[daip] error when trying to add task "atlod" to AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 5 10:56:22 EST 2017

On 01/04/2017 08:30 PM, 丁浩 wrote:

> There is a task "atlod". But when I try to load rpfits data, it complains:
>
> ATLOD1: ZTPOPN: UNABLE TO TRANSLATE LOGICAL NAME AMT01
> ATLOD1: ZTPOPN: DID YOU FORGET TO DO A MOUNT?
> ATLOD1: TAPIO: ERROR    1 OPENING FILE
> ATLOD1: ERROR, UNABLE TO OPEN THE RPFITS FILE
>
> It seems that it can't recognize RPFITS data. I have already installed
> RPFITS and Miriad (ATNF). The latter works well and depends on the
> former one, which means RPFITS works well.
> If it did once work, can I have access to that version of AIPS?

I was at home in my last reply and could not check details:

I would guess that you ran ATLOD with datain=' '

You need to set DATAIN to point at your rpfits file

DATAIN = 'MYAREA:MyRP.fits

for example (note no close quote to keep the case I typed)

where MYAREA is an environment variable known before you start aips
pointing at the disk directory containing your file and MyRP.fits is the
actual file name.  Replace both MYAREA and MyRP.fits with the actual
values that apply to your file.