[daip] [!9922]: AIPS - macOS Sierra v 10.12.2 image not found

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 27 11:35:31 EST 2017

Eric Greisen updated #9922
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 27 February 2017 10:18 PM)

macOS Sierra v 10.12.2 image not found
---------------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 9922
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 23 February 2017 10:15 PM
             Updated: 27 February 2017 04:35 PM
      Resolution Due: 03 March 2017 10:15 PM (4d 5h 40m)

I do not know why your AIPS help desk message did not come to my e-mail - it is supposed to.  This e-mail however contains much more information and so I can be much more helpful.

1. The dyld image not found is due to necessary run-time libraries not being available.  Mac OS from El Capitan on has required that you execute a special script (under bash and with sudo privilege).  That script is named fix_aips_elcap.sh and should be found several places in your installation (copied around by install.pl).  In fact install.pl paused at one point and told you to execute this script in another window.  You apparently overlooked this.  Look in $AIPS_ROOT or $SYSLOCAL for the script and say

./fix_aips_elcap.sh

and enter your password when requested to do so.

2. I do not know where you would need setenv (a tcsh / csh command).  We do mention it places for users of that shell.  bash users simply
  export  logical=actual

3. Having fixed #1 above you will have to run some things that will have failed toward the end of install.pl

cd $AIPS_ROOT
. LOGIN.SH
$CDTST
RUN FILAIP
8 2
RUN POPSGN
0 POPSDAT TST
<CR>

where <CR> is a simple enter when you receive a > prompt.

Then you should be able to use aips.