[daip] [!9863]: AIPS - TDEM0023 data in AIPS

Lorant Sjouwerman nraohelp at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 14 16:00:58 EST 2017

Lorant Sjouwerman updated #9863
-------------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 16 February 2017 01:49 PM)

TDEM0023 data in AIPS
---------------------

           Ticket ID: 9863
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 13 February 2017 08:33 AM
             Updated: 14 February 2017 02:00 PM
      Resolution Due: 22 February 2017 08:34 AM (7d 18h 33m)

Hi John,

Yes, I'm not surprised DBCON worked. I'm sure next time you'll do it before transfer..
On the line contamination, you can just flag those channels and proceed, assuming it is only a reasonably small part of the bandwidth that you flag (as you need enough S/N to determine your solution, but that usually is fine). You are determining a phase solution (single number per interferometer that ends up in your solution table) over that bandwidth with a point source and if the flagged channels remove the extended line emission from your input data you should be all right using a point source model. You can always check after flagging in the uv-dist vs amp plot to determine if you got all extended emission out before CALIB/gaincal.

Lorant Sjouwerman
NRAO Science User Support