[daip] [!9863]: AIPS - TDEM0023 data in AIPS

Lorant Sjouwerman nraohelp at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 14 15:29:30 EST 2017

Lorant Sjouwerman updated #9863
-------------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 15 February 2017 08:34 AM)

TDEM0023 data in AIPS
---------------------

           Ticket ID: 9863
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 13 February 2017 08:33 AM
             Updated: 14 February 2017 01:29 PM
      Resolution Due: 22 February 2017 08:34 AM (7d 19h 4m)

Hi John,

I think you are seeing two different SDM configurations because of a different antenna number in the array (due to the array configuration change and moving antennas during your observations), not because the frequency setup has changed. You should be able to DBCON it in AIPS, and I suggest you do that on the NM machine before exporting and transferring to your home machine to have only one FITS file to work with. I don't think BDF2AIPS lets you append to an existing file (where you would add the 2nd data set to the first), but that is probably worth a try too, instead of DBCON.

Lorant Sjouwerman
NRAO Science User Support