[daip] [!10886]: AIPS - ANTAB: format of time stamps

Thomas Krichbaum nraohelp at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 25 12:47:17 EDT 2017

ANTAB: format of time stamps
----------------------------

           Ticket ID: 10886
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 25 August 2017 09:54 AM
             Updated: 25 August 2017 04:47 PM
           Reply due: 29 August 2017 04:47 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution due: 21 May 2020 12:00 AM (999d 7h 13m)

Hi Eric,

I know people who tested this, apparently it does work in both cases.
But I had no insight in the detailed logic.

It would be helpful to update the Explain/Help section for the ANTAB task
accordingly. At the moment it just referes to the case of decimal minutes
(which therefore I was using for the last decade).

In section 3
The TSYS or TANT group

it says:

The format of the Tsys or Tant values which follow are:

Day_no  hh:mm.mm  col1 col2 ... etc

Example:
 TSYS SC FT = 1.05 INDEX = 'R1:8', 'L1:8' /
 321 20:32.78  32.6 33.4 ! Values for RCP, LCP
 321 20:34.01  31.6 35.8

maybe you could just add one sentence about the hh mm ss format ???

Thanks and kind regards,

                   Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas P. Krichbaum
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie

Mail: tkrichbaum at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Tel.: (Germany +49)-228-525-295
Web : http://www.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/research/vlbi