[daip] [!9043]: AIPS - AIPS start-up errors

Eric Greisen noreply at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 28 13:31:45 EDT 2016

Eric Greisen updated #9043
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 30 September 2016 05:07 PM)

AIPS start-up errors
--------------------

           Ticket ID: 9043
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 28 September 2016 03:42 AM
             Updated: 28 September 2016 05:31 PM
      Resolution Due: 06 October 2016 03:42 AM (7d 10h 10m)

The processes you have started are blocking correct functioning.
You need to kill TVSRV1, XAS1, TKSRV1, MSSRV1 in some way or other.
The socket files that should be in /tmp are not there for any of these
processes but the processes are still running.  Note that I tested
first with aips tv=local which gave me the running (but useless) processes
and the with aips tv=local:2 which gave me function TV, message server.