[daip] pbcor

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 12 16:39:09 EDT 2016

On 09/12/2016 02:24 PM, Farhad Zadeh wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I have an alma image at 250 GHz that needs to be pbcorred. I only the
> size of the antenna 12.7m. Can I use
>
> pbcor in aips? Looks lik I need to know a bunch of other parameters.
>
> I appreciate the advice.
>
> Farhad

Correct parameters are almost certainly needed - Rick Perley goes to
enormous work to find them for the EVLA and his results are present in
AIPS in large (!) tables.  We have been given no parameters for ALMA and
the CASA manager tells me they do not exist.  However, he tells me that
the pipeline produces a beam image so the NAASC should be able to get
you such an image for your data.  Jeff tells me that the most serious
term in the ALMA beam model is antenna dependent (!!) so it is any one's
guess how that affects images.

Eric