[daip] Writing boxes to disk causes abort

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 26 16:19:56 EDT 2016

On 10/26/2016 12:43 AM, Andy Biggs wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm finding that AIPS crashes whenever I perform an operation that
> results in clean boxes being written to file. For example, within IMAGR
> I get the following:
>
> localh> IMAGR1: You have    30 seconds to select a menu item by:
> localh> IMAGR1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
> localh> IMAGR1: Press button D for on-line help
> localh> IMAGR1: Clean continuing
> localh> IMAGR1: ZABORS: signal 6 received
> localh> IMAGR1: ABORT!
>
> FILEBOX also causes AIPS to crash with the same error.
>
> This is affecting my up-to-date 31DEC16 Mac installation. 31DEC15 is not
> affected.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

There is a routine ZMKTMP.C down at the bottom of the box file text
handling that had in it a format that has been legal (%010d into a
10-character string) up to now.  Apparently it is no longer legal in
64-bit Macs.  Changing to %9d and handling char 0-8 works.  I rebuild
the MNJ just now to test that it - rather than my rather messed up
version of IMAGR - now works as I expect and it does.  You may run a MNJ
on 31DEC16 any time.

Thanks for reporting this issue.