[daip] AIPS Writing FITS Files

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue May 24 18:54:18 EDT 2016

On 05/24/2016 04:46 PM, Moore, Amber wrote:
> Mr. Greisen,
>
> Thank you for all of your help this semester with AIPS. I have started
> my summer research with Dr. Tom Troland and we are running into a small
> problem with exporting files from aips into a FITS file.
>
> I believe my syntax is incorrect but I'm not sure where. I have taken a
> screenshot of my inputs for 'FITDISK'. Before this I used RUN WRTPROCS
> as directed.
>
> I keep receiving the same error: RETURN CODE 16 RECEIVED:STOPPING.
>
> I was wondering if you knew where the error is in my process.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Amber Moore
>
> Inline image 1
>
> --
> Amber Moore
> Teaching Assistant
> CARES Tutor
> Department of Physics and Astronomy
> Office: CP 252
> University of Kentucky
> Lexington, Kentucky 40506-0055
>
> Email: ammo273 at g.uky.edu <mailto:amber.moore1 at uky.edu>

The FITDISK procedure **requires** a "logical' (environment variable) in
DATAOUT.  A full path name will not do.  Set up the variable before
starting aips e.g.
   setenv MYFITS /home64/home56/aips2/aips/FITS          for C shells
or
   export MYFITS=/home64/home56/aips2/aips/FITS          for bash shell.
Then set DATAOUT='MYFITS'