[daip] Error in INSTEP1 (XAS installation) for AIPS 31DEC16 : no aips tv will be available

ABINASH KUMAR SHAW abinashkumarshaw at gmail.com
Tue May 24 01:48:21 EDT 2016

Hi,
I  am a Ph.D. scholar in Astrophysics and Astronomy at IIT Kharagpur
(India).  I am having some trouble in text installation of new version
of  *AIPS
(31DEC16) on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64 bits)*. I have managed somehow to
complete the installation, but the first and main problem occurred in *XAS
compilation step (INSTEP1)*. Due to which* xas file was not generated* in
folder */home/abinash/aips/31DEC16/LNX64/LOAD (abinash : *my user
account ; *LNX64
: *my architecture folder*). T*his is  the main culprit which says that "*no
aips tv will be available.*" on the wizard. After that installation goes on
till end with some warning issues (probably due to the compiler versions).
After the installation the aips is running but tv is not appearing.

Please suggest me where things went wrong.. I have attached a snapshot of
the terminal and the *Makefile* for *XAS compilation. *

Please reply asap.

Thanks,
*Abinash Kumar Shaw*

*Junior Research Fellow,*