[daip] [!8211]: AIPS - AIPS problem: TV server is not working Using shared memory option

Miyako Oyadomari do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 25 17:15:08 EDT 2016

Miyako Oyadomari updated #8211
------------------------------

AIPS problem: TV server is not working Using shared memory option

           Ticket ID: 8211
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 25 March 2016 09:15 PM
             Updated: 25 March 2016 09:15 PM
                 Due: 29 March 2016 09:15 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 04 April 2016 09:15 PM (10d 0h 0m)

Hi, I need to help to fix the problem.
I'v got this massage below from aips and TV server is not working.  The TKSRV and MSSRV are working.
I'm trying to run the AIPS using remote access.
The AIPS was installed on a CentOS machine, and My machine is Mac OSX 10.9.5.
I logged in the CentOS machine using ssh -X command, then tried to run the AIPS.
I think this that the error was caused by using MIT shared Memory Extension.
Can I run the AIPS using remote access?

AIPS output on start-up:

START_AIPS: Will use or start first available Unix Socket based TV
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
  (Using global default file /usr/local/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /usr/local/aips/DATA/LOCALHOST_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - WITH Unix Sockets as requested...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC16 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 2 (release of 31DEC16) at priority =   0
AIPS 2: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 2: You are assigned TV device/server   4
AIPS 2: You are assigned graphics device/server   4
AIPS 2: Enter user ID number
?DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.010
UNIXSERVERS: TVSRV1 is already running on host localhost, user 503
UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS1 on localhost, DISPLAY localhost:10.0
UNIXSERVERS: Start graphics server TKSRV1 on localhost, display localhost:10.0
UNIXSERVERS: Start message server MSSRV1 on localhost, display localhost:10.0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1270 height 678,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  132 (MIT-SHM)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_ShmAttach)
  Serial number of failed request:  29
999
AIPS 2:                          31DEC16 AIPS:
AIPS 2:      Copyright (C) 1995-2016 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 2:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 2:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 2: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 2: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 2: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 2: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 2: Recovered POPS environment from last exit