[daip] [!8158]: AIPS - Miriad data: usable in AIPS?

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 15 18:34:07 EDT 2016

Eric Greisen updated #8158
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 17 March 2016 07:29 PM)

Miriad data: usable in AIPS?
----------------------------

           Ticket ID: 8158
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 15 March 2016 07:29 PM
             Updated: 15 March 2016 10:34 PM
      Resolution Due: 23 March 2016 07:29 PM (7d 20h 55m)

In general, I am under the impression that Miriad writes out UV data
and images in ways that AIPS interprets correctly via FITS.  I do not
know details but the heavy use of Miriad at the ATNF plus their usage
of aips should have generated reports of failure to communicate.

Let me know if there are specific issues.