[daip] [!8158]: AIPS - Miriad data: usable in AIPS?

Robert Gray do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 15 15:29:07 EDT 2016

Robert Gray updated #8158
-------------------------

Miriad data: usable in AIPS?
----------------------------

           Ticket ID: 8158
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 15 March 2016 07:29 PM
             Updated: 15 March 2016 07:29 PM
                 Due: 17 March 2016 07:29 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 23 March 2016 07:29 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Hi!

I'm investigating the possibility of processing some Allen Telescope Array data with AIPS, and they appear to use Miriad (which I don't yet know anything about).

1.  Can AIPS import calibrated Miriad UV data, to then run tasks like IMAGR and SAD?

2.  If one has Miriad images, can it be imported to AIPS using FITLD and processed with SAD and other tasks?

Thanks for any information or links you can provide!  I have checked the Cookbook and see info on CASA data exchange but not Miriad.

Best wishes,

Bob Gray