[daip] AIPS 31DEC15 problem...

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 4 10:37:02 EST 2016

On 03/03/2016 11:46 PM, Nissim Kanekar wrote:

> Dear Eric,
>
> I'm getting a strange problem while opening AIPS 31DEC15 on a 64-bit
> Linux server. When I enter the user ID, I get the following error:
>
> AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
> ?105
>   ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD02X000.02X;      NOT FOUND
> MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
> AIPS 1: ZOPEN: STILL WAITING FOR FILE DA00:ACD000000;
>
> The error message then keeps repeating and I never get the AIPS prompt;
> I also get the same error for all user ID's. I've been running AIPS for
> about six months on this system and haven't had a problem before now. Do
> you happen to know what's going on and how to fix this ?

The most likely source of error is a file lock on the accounting file
DA00:ACD000000\;
The best thing I can suggest is to
source $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.SH
$CDTST
cd $DA00
mv ACD000000\; ACD000000.locked
RUN FILAIP
8 2
<cr>

Some times file locks stay in place forever after a task ends badly.
FILAIP will complain about numerous files already exist but will make a
new AC file.