[daip] AIPS 31DEC15 problem...

Nissim Kanekar nkanekar at ncra.tifr.res.in
Fri Mar 4 01:46:51 EST 2016

Dear Eric,

I'm getting a strange problem while opening AIPS 31DEC15 on a 64-bit Linux
server. When I enter the user ID, I get the following error:

AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?105
  ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD02X000.02X;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: STILL WAITING FOR FILE DA00:ACD000000;

The error message then keeps repeating and I never get the AIPS prompt; I
also get the same error for all user ID's. I've been running AIPS for about six
months on this system and haven't had a problem before now. Do you happen to
know what's going on and how to fix this ?

Many thanks indeed!

Best wishes,
Nissim