[daip] [!8103]: AIPS - splat and bp tables

Kelley Hess do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 1 01:13:13 EST 2016

Kelley Hess updated #8103
-------------------------

splat and bp tables
-------------------

           Ticket ID: 8103
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 01 March 2016 06:13 AM
             Updated: 01 March 2016 06:13 AM
                 Due: 03 March 2016 06:13 AM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 09 March 2016 06:13 AM (8d 0h 0m)

Hi (Eric?),

I'm at the GMRT reducing data in AIPS.  They appear to have release 31DEC12.  I calibrated the bandpass first, ran SPLAT to apply the bandpass, and then continued calibration.  I made a mistake the first time that caused me to run a series of tests.

First I set doband=2, but forgot to change bpver so it read bpver=-1.  The way I read the help file, bandpass calibration should not be applied, however, there was no bp table copied to the new splat file (suggesting it was).  I then ran a series of tests:

doband 2 bpver 0
doband -1 bpver -1

In both cases, no bp table was copied to the new splat file.  Which to me either implies (1) in the third (and therefore first) test(s) the bandpass was applied even though it shouldn't have been, or (2) even if doband is false the bandpass table is not copied to the new file like it should be.

Can you clarify what is happening?  (And how I can check if my data has the bandpass applied?  I wanted to time average the flux calibrator scan and plot amp vs freq in uvplt or possm, but those don't seem to be options.  I've gotten used to being able to do that in CASA...)

Thanks in advance!
Kelley