[daip] [!8697]: AIPS - AIPS POPS: printing strings without quotes... AND getting the string into AIPS output file

Robert Gray noreply at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 19 12:29:28 EDT 2016

Robert Gray updated #8697
-------------------------

AIPS POPS: printing strings without quotes... AND getting the string into AIPS output file

           Ticket ID: 8697
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 19 July 2016 04:29 PM
             Updated: 19 July 2016 04:29 PM
                 Due: 21 July 2016 04:29 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 27 July 2016 04:29 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Hi!

I just discovered that my attempt to write the IMSTAT value 'pixstd' into the SAD output does not work; I'd hoped to add a line like
IMSTAT: pixstd=xxxxxxx
to the SAD output text file, but it gets written into a log file instead.

1.  Is there a way to add such a POPS "print" message/value to the SAD output stream?

2. Or, maybe better, a way to set ACTNOISE = pixstd to trick SAD into using 'pixstd' for each channel, instead of a global ACTNOISE from image header, and as a bonus, get it printed in the usual place like "Errors determined by theory from RMS  0.03426" ?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Bob Gray