[daip] [!8695]: AIPS - AIPS POPS: printing strings without quotes

Robert Gray noreply at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 19 10:27:38 EDT 2016

Robert Gray updated #8695
-------------------------

AIPS POPS: printing strings without quotes

           Ticket ID: 8695
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 19 July 2016 02:27 PM
             Updated: 19 July 2016 02:27 PM
                 Due: 21 July 2016 02:27 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 27 July 2016 02:27 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Hi!

I'm developing a procedure that invokes SAD repeatedly, once for each channel after using IMSTAT to calculate the channel RMS (rather than letting SAD use the global ACTNOISE RMS).  It seems to work, but I need to print the value of 'pixstd' calculated by IMSTAT in order to later know what value SAD used, and have two questions about how to do that (I did consult the Cookbook):

1.  How can PRINT be used to print a string without printing quote marks?
My code below...
GO IMSTAT
print 'IMSTAT RMS (pixstd)= ' pixstd

... generates this line, with quotes that I would prefer not to have printed:
AIPS 2: 'IMSTAT RMS (PIXSTD)='           0.0115682

2.  Is there a way to specify a format for the printed value, in this case to reduce the number of leading blanks?  This looks like F19.7...

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

By the way, I'm bringing up a Linux AIPS machine with fast SSD storage, and in an initial test it runs IMAGR 1.6 times faster than a Socorro node.  I'd worried that it would be that much slower...

Best wishes,

Bob Gray