[daip] [!8668]: AIPS - Reducing geodetic data and applying it to science data

Alexandra Truebenbach noreply at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 13 20:07:05 EDT 2016

Alexandra Truebenbach updated #8668
-----------------------------------

Reducing geodetic data and applying it to science data

           Ticket ID: 8668
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 12 July 2016 08:15 PM
             Updated: 14 July 2016 12:07 AM
      Resolution Due: 21 July 2016 02:15 AM (7d 2h 7m)

Hi Amy,

I understand how to reduce a single geodetic block and apply it to data, including using DELZN, but my hangup is how to then extend this to using two geodetic blocks that are taken before and after the science data.  I've tried to do the entire process the same as for a single geodetic block but it doesn't seem to be working because if I use a scan from the first block in VLBAMPCL, then there are still significant phase jumps in the second block after running the task.  Then this translates into large MBDs for the second block after running FRING.  Is this normal?  Both the AIPS memo and the tutorial say to clip all delays > ~1 ns but that would mean clipping the entire second block.

Alex