[daip] problem in image library in starting AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 4 13:09:49 EDT 2016

On 07/04/2016 06:32 AM, Yuhki Hamae wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> I am Yuhki Hamae, a undergraduate student of Kagoshima University.
>
> I have now a trouble in installing AIPS in my Mac with OS 10.11.5.
> I find the following error message when starting AIPS.
>
> TARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
> dyld: Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib
>    Referenced from: /usr/local/aips/31DEC16/MACINT/LOAD/./TPMON1
>    Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
> libsvml.dylib: stat() failed with errno=62

You have moved to the El Capitan version of the operating system.

You should have the script fix_aips_elcap.sh at least in the
directory $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC16/MACINT/SYSTEM and you should probably have
it also in $AIPS_ROOT and $SYSLOCAL.  Find it and then use a bash shell
to execute it: i.e.

bash
. ./fix_aips_elcap.sh

It will ask you for your password once since it requires sudo privilege.
This will then set up links in a system area to solve the library problem.