[daip] 31DEC13, NOIFS problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 1 10:35:10 EDT 2016

On 07/01/2016 04:53 AM, 정다운 wrote:
> I got a new problem. I followed your instructions.
>
> in the $LOAD area
>
> mv NOIFS.EXE NOIFS.save
>

> Then, I ran a MNJ by typing "perl install.pl <http://install.pl> -n".
>
> After that, I restarted AIPS, ran NOIFS and got this massage.
>
> AIPS 1: ZACTV8: TASK NOIFS  DOES NOT EXIST IN
> AIPS 1: ZACTV8: VERSION = TST
>

> I think there might be a problem with a MNJ.
>
> If a MNJ does not execute successfully, should I remove AIPS and reinstall?

A MNJ is the script found in the $HOME area (of the account that
installed AIPS) called do_daily.<hostname> not the installation script.

However, I did not realize that you are using an antique version of
AIPS.  See the AIPSLetters found off web site http://www.aips.nrao.edu
for all the changes, additions, bug fixes etc.

31DEC13 is so old that we do not have it on disk or available for a MNJ.

My first recommendation is to go to our web site - get the latest
31DEC16 version of install.pl and then install the latest version.  You
can keep the 31DEC13 version where it is and use 31DEC16 as TST and
31DEC13 as OLD and/or NEW.  In fact I will attach the install.pl.

ERic Greisen