[daip] Fwd: Re: El Capitan

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 25 10:36:20 EST 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [daip] El Capitan
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 08:35:29 -0700
From: Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu>
To: larry at umn.edu

On 01/23/2016 06:31 AM, Lawrence Rudnick wrote:
> Eric - I just updated my mac laptop to El Capitan, and aips won't run.
> Any ideas?  Here is the start of the offending messages.  Any ideas?
> Thanks.  lr
>

> dyld: Library not loaded: libsvml.dylib
>    Referenced from: /Users/larry/bin/AIPS/31DEC15/MACINT/LOAD/ZSTRTA.EXE
>    Reason: image not found

Yes - you have not been paying attention to the AIPSLetter or MNJ
reports or ??? where we reported on just this issue.

I don't know what version of AIPS you are running and I am guessing that
you did not do a new install with this update of OS.

In $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC15/MACINT/SYSTEM is a file named fix_aips_elcap.sh
which must be run under bash by a user with sudo but not root privilege.
  It will prompt for a password once.

El Capitan no longer allows a user to set library paths, but it does
allow us to put links to our required libraries in /usr/local/lib which
is what this script does for you.