[daip] combine GMRT and ATCA data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 27 16:04:09 EST 2016

On 12/27/2016 11:44 AM, Jota S. wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> Sorry about bothering you again. I have tried to combine GMRT with ATCA
> data and I couldn't make it. I did the following:
>
> 1) use ATLOD to load ATCA data into AIPS
> 2) FITLD to load GMRT data
>
> I could make images without any problem using each data separately
> (IMAGE) but if I want to combine them using DBCON this error come up "UV
> DATA TYPES ARE INCOMPATIBLE" ...
>
> I looked for another task but I couldn't find one ...
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Juliana

This is usually a difficult problem - DBCON is really for putting
together data sets that are quite similar (same number spectral
channels, Stokes, IFs, etc. and at essentially the same frequency).
SPECR may be of some use to rearrange the data of one or both data sets
to achieve some of this similarity.  If you send me the IMHEAD from each
I might be able to help a bit more.

I hate to suggest it but CASA will image from diverse data sets although
I do not know how far they are able to go.