[daip] [!9381]: AIPS - AIPS installation issue

Poonam Chandra noreply at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 12 23:03:37 EST 2016

Poonam Chandra updated #9381
----------------------------

AIPS installation issue
-----------------------

           Ticket ID: 9381
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 07 December 2016 07:34 AM
             Updated: 13 December 2016 04:03 AM
      Resolution Due: 15 December 2016 07:34 AM (2d 3h 30m)

Hi Eric,
Sorry for the long silence. I had a minor surgery in foot, which kept me away from work.
I again ran install.pl file as you suggested. There still seems to be some issues.
Please see below the error message:

sent 9219 bytes  received 94121485 bytes  222268.49 bytes/sec
total size is 278925436  speedup is 2.96
cp: MACINT/SYSTEM/MASTER/*: No such file or directory
rm: UPDCONFIG: No such file or directory
AipsWiz:         -- done.
AipsWiz:
The AIPS Midnight Job is a way to keep your AIPS
AipsWiz: installation up to date.  It is secure, relatively
AipsWiz: easy, and can be done on demand or in a cron job
AipsWiz: (i.e. periodically, daily or weekly or whenever).
AipsWiz: It does require that you have the cvs software
AipsWiz: package installed on your system.

AipsWiz: This script will set up the infrastructure for you
AipsWiz: to be *able* to run the Midnight Job (MNJ), but you
AipsWiz: have the power to make it run or not.

chgrp: MAKE.BMNJ: No such file or directory
AipsWiz: About to run 'MAKE.BMNJ '...
AipsWiz: This will generate a fair bit of output.
sh: /Users/poonam/Work/Softwares/AIPS/31DEC17/MACINT/SYSTEM/PCLAPTOP/CDVER.SH: No such file or directory
AipsWiz: Not good; no /Users/poonam/Work/Softwares/AIPS/31DEC17/MACINT/SYSTEM/PCLAPTOP/UPDCONFIG found; did MAKE.BMNJ fail?
AipsWiz: You should investigate this.
AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> to acknowledge::

Regards
Poonam