[daip] A&P selfcal

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 27 17:04:44 EDT 2016

On 04/21/2016 09:24 AM, Farhad Zadeh wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> I am back doing things in aips. A simple question. Is there a way to
> make a cube of a bunch of UV data sets corresponding to
> different IFs? I am doing things the hard way, self cali in amp for
> indivifdual IFs and then need to put together to make images adding in
> the spectral index in the imager. I appreciae. There should be something
> like UVcube like MCUBE.

To put IFs back together as IFs use VBGLU

You need to use models that have appropriate fluxes at each IF - if you
use only one model the spectral index will be removed (at least at the
central channel of each IF).  IMAGR can do spectral index 2 ways - the
easy way is to set IMAGRPRM(2) to an average spectral index of the whole
field which corrects the data as they are written to the work file.  The
harder/slower way is to make images of spectral index with SPIXR (using
your best images at each IF) and to specify IN3NAME to point at the
spectral index image plus IMAGRP(17).