[daip] [!7503]: AIPS - Odd Amplitude Pattern for MK Baselines

Amy Mioduszewski do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 28 15:30:46 EDT 2015

Amy Mioduszewski updated #7503
------------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 30 October 2015 10:28 AM)

Odd Amplitude Pattern for MK Baselines
--------------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 7503
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 28 October 2015 10:28 AM
             Updated: 28 October 2015 12:30 PM
      Resolution Due: 05 November 2015 10:28 AM (7d 21h 57m)

Hi Alexandra,

I am sorry, but I do not see any odd patterns in the amplitudes plots you sent.  There are some low points in the amplitude particularly at the beginning of scans.  What I see in MK_amperr.png: amplitude & phase plots for baseline 1-6 with some low points at the beginning for the amplitude plot, phases slowly wind from 0 degrees through -180 to 100 degrees; amplitude only plots for baselines 2-6 and 3-6, with low points at the beginning for 2-6.  3-6 looks a little noisier than the others but that is probably mostly the scale, because it does not have any low points.  It is fairly common to have funny points at the beginning or end of scans.

Also, just a hint, nothing to do with your question, with EDITR, if you set ANTUSE to all the antennas (so if it is the VLBA only set ANTUSE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10), then EDITR will display all the baselines to one antenna on one screen, this is super helpful when editing.

Amy Mioduszewski
NRAO