[daip] QPGNOT problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat Oct 24 16:21:01 EDT 2015

On 10/23/2015 02:23 PM, Ian Hoffman wrote:

> Hi.
>
>   My compilation of 31DEC15 is failing on CONVL.  From
>
> http://www.aips.nrao.edu/TST.CHANGE.TEXT
>
> I see that something similar was recently addressed by Eric in August.
> I am running a non-standard Linux x86_64. Below are snippets of the
> failure and my configuration.  Any advice?  Please let me know if you
> need to know more about my system.
>
>   Note that I make the recommended changes to PAPC.INC and OPTIMIZE.LIS
> as well as strip the -axWPT out of XAS.SHR before compiling.
>
>   This is my first attempt to compile AIPS with gfortran (I have used
> g77 3.4.6 until now).  My compiler environment is otherwise functioning
> fine.
>
> -Thanks, Ian

First I would recommend simply starting INSTEP4 over again, it will
retry any failed tasks in $QPGNOT first.  Sometimes the compiler or
linker simply gets lost and declares something failed that works the
next time.  If that fails I need to see the text that applies to the
task(s) that failed.  INSTEP4.LOG contains the needed text (use an
editor to select only CONVL or what ever).