[daip] Query about AIPS installation

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 7 11:02:22 EDT 2015

On 10/06/2015 08:53 PM, ABINASH KUMAR SHAW wrote:
> I meant to say that my Institute LAN network connect to internet through
> a proxy probably due to that there is some error in  "rsync". It's
> showing some error. I don't remember the error properly but probably it
> was showing some "Error 10" in the rsync step.

rsync can cause security issues if you rsync to an unreliable site.
Therefore many organizations restrict its use.  You can compile your own
- I have run through numerous re-compiles with the various flavors of
gfortran while testing them.

Go to the aips web page : www.aips.nrao.edu, then click on 31DEC15 to go
to information about the current test release.  Under Text Installation
there are things you need to change before letting INSTEP2 get started.

If you get errors as you do the text installation, send them to me for
debugging.