[daip] aips tv doesn't start

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 23 12:15:47 EST 2015

On 11/23/2015 09:48 AM, bob at physics.ucdavis.edu wrote:
>   i tried rebooting my mac pro and still get this message
>
> /Users/bob/aips>START_AIPS
> START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
> START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type
>
> START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
> DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
>    (Using global default file /Users/bob/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
>     Disk 1 (1) is /Users/bob/aips/DATA1
>     Disk 2 (2) is /Volumes/D2/d2aips
>     Disk 3 (3) is /Volumes/D3/d3aips
>     Disk 4 (4) is /Volumes/D4/d4aips
>     Disk 5 (5) is /Volumes/D5/d5aips
>                    /mnt/d4aips/DATA is currently unavailable.
>
> Tape assignments:
>     Tape 1 is REMOTE
>     Tape 2 is REMOTE
>
> START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called last
> START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on last asynchronously
> START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
> START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LAST asynchronously...
> Starting up 31DEC15 AIPS with normal priority
> Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC15) at priority =   0
> AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
> AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
>   ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
> MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
> AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
> ?DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018
> XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on last
> TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
> XASERVERS: Start XAS on last, DISPLAY :0
> XAS: cannot connect to X server :0
> XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on last, DISPLAY :0
> XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on last, DISPLAY :0
> xterm: Xt error: Can't open display: :0
> xterm: Xt error: Can't open display: :0
> STARTPMON: [LAST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
>

> any advice?
>
> bob becker

Wher is it getting the name "last" - is that correct?

Perhaps you should be installed as LAPTOP true with the name LOCALHOST
used.  That usually avoids this sort of issue.  In $AIPS_ROOT the 2
files LOGIN.SH and .CSH control this.

I see you have your data files identified with + signs so that names do
not need to contain the host name.