[daip] [!7638]: AIPS - TV character size

Thomas Krichbaum do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 23 06:46:29 EST 2015

Thomas Krichbaum updated #7638
------------------------------

TV character size
-----------------

           Ticket ID: 7638
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 23 November 2015 11:46 AM
             Updated: 23 November 2015 11:46 AM
                 Due: 25 November 2015 11:46 AM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 01 December 2015 11:46 AM (8d 0h 0m)

I got a new desktop-PC (Ubtuntu 14.04). When I call the TV in AIPS (eg. via POSSM or SNPLT) the text fonts
in the TV windoe appear uggly and too large.

I can fix the problem by setting CHARMULT 0.5, then the POSSM plots look ok.

However when I log out or run another AIPS session, the CHARMULT 0.5 is not remembered.
I wonder if there is a way to tell AIPS (or Ubuntu) that I need a smaller font scaling.
Is there a way to overwrite the defaults, which produces these too large fonts ?

Thanks Thomas