[daip] [!7565]: AIPS - IMAGR data selection

Michael Bietenholz do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 10 02:15:12 EST 2015

Michael Bietenholz updated #7565
--------------------------------

IMAGR data selection
--------------------

           Ticket ID: 7565
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 08 November 2015 07:12 AM
             Updated: 10 November 2015 07:15 AM

Sorry to re-open this ticket - but it will hopefully be brief.  I noticed I have a number of other data sets with two ANTENNA1 random-pars (transferring between a desktop and a laptop), and I'm worried about the processing I've done after spurious 2nd ANTENNA1 was added. Of tasks like IMAGR, SCMAP, CALIB, FRING, OMFIT - do you think there would be any repercussions of having the 2nd ANTENNA1 random-par?

I'm guessing that most things that use ANTENNAS (and likely BASELINES) for data selection will get the wrong data selection.  The failure is obvious when ANTENNS=-1, but even with e.g. ANTENNAS=-3 you don't get what you think you're getting and IMAGR would not actually have deselected all the real ant3 data, but will do something messier because it sees all the data as having IA1=1,  so it would deselect 2-3 (because IA2=3) but keep 3-4 (IA1=1,IA2=4, neither of which is 3)

Any other ramifications that spring to your mind I should check on?