[daip] [!7466]: AIPS - RLDLY not properly workin

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Sun Nov 1 15:28:15 EST 2015

Eric Greisen updated #7466
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 03 November 2015 12:59 PM)

RLDLY not properly workin
-------------------------

           Ticket ID: 7466
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 21 October 2015 10:00 AM
             Updated: 01 November 2015 08:28 PM
      Resolution Due: 02 November 2015 10:09 AM (13h 41m 31s)

I propose making the following changes:

        Added APARM for control parameters:
        APARM(1)   SNRMIN, 0 _ 5 which was the previous fixed value
        APARM(2)   > 0 do not write CL table when have 1 cal scan
        APARM(3)   Max delay error in ns allowed to be included in
                   averaging, 0 -> 1000000.
        The task now always writes an SN table.
        IFs with failed solutions now get delay and phase of 0 not
        magic blanks to avoid deleting data.

I do not understand the request that the CL table out be allowed to over-write
an existing table.  The task is applying GAINUSE to the data and then applying the
extra correction to that version.  It is not doing anything as complex as CLCAL.

Low SNRs (< 5) are already cutoff but I am adding control over that.  I also added
a control over max delay rms to be included in case that is useful.

The data missing in a subarray can be handles with the SUBARRAY adverb and the
options in CLCAL.

Do you think this will help?