[daip] [!6280]: AIPS - Dispersive delay fitting in AIPS

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon May 25 15:43:21 EDT 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6280
--------------------------

Dispersive delay fitting in AIPS
--------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 6280

I  finally did what I needed to do - algebra that
solved for what FRING should do - a least squares fit
of the phases for Ps + m * (freq-freq0) but the
actual phases are P0 + M*(freq-freq0) + c*c*Lambda*D
and then solve for P0, M, and D from the m's of each IF.

MBDLY now does a nice job when there is no flagging.
When there is the   various sums of freq, lambda, etc
within each IF are not really what FRING saw.  MBDLY cannot
know about flagging.

But one can now put the MBDLY routines into FRING where
they can know about flagging.  I doubt that this can appear
outside my desktop until mid June (I have vacation coming up)
but real progress in doing simple dispersions is now happening.

Cheers

Eric