[daip] [!6280]: AIPS - Dispersive delay fitting in AIPS

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri May 22 10:14:56 EDT 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6280
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 26 May 2015 07:45 AM)

Dispersive delay fitting in AIPS
--------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 6280

I am doing fine with model data for which the answers are known.
I now have CLCAL working so it will interpolate dispersion and
add it to any value already in the file (so enhance TECOR values
with a calibrator supplied correction).  If the calibration sources
are near by that should be pretty good (the JPL models are pretty
coarse in time and coordinates).

KRING contains a nice least-squares routine and that does a
global fit.  I think it searches one baseline at a time for an FFT
delay/rate value and then uses that as a start into the least
squares.  I am hoping to be able to steal the least squares
thing to put in FRING.  Ketan was very good at the low level
math code in his major tasks (OMFIT, KRING) while the surrounding
code often left much to be desired.

No hurry on real data.  I am on vacation 5/59-6/11 also.

Cheers

Eric