[daip] [!6280]: AIPS - Dispersive delay fitting in AIPS

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Wed May 20 17:03:53 EDT 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6280
--------------------------

Dispersive delay fitting in AIPS
--------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 6280

I retain my uncertainties.  But I have good news.
KRING will fit for MBdelay and dispersion.  It then adjusts
the delays into SBdelays because it had to.  But my new
MBDLY extracts exactly correct dispersions (plus phases and
SBdelays) from KRING's SN table!

Two things to do - first fix CLCAL to interpolate dispersions
to a CL table (KRING insists on  a multi-source file for some
reason).  Then get KRING to write out its dispersions rather
than mess with the format.

KRING does this with a least-squares code which I guess I
could copy.  Sadly, the messages from KRING suggests that
it uses only the baselines to the REFANT...

Eric