[daip] [!6280]: AIPS - Dispersive delay fitting in AIPS

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu May 14 11:56:08 EDT 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6280
--------------------------

Dispersive delay fitting in AIPS
--------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 6280

I have made a version of UVMOD to give me delays and dispersions.

With it plus FRING, MBDLY in the old mode gave a MB delay of 0.017 ns
when all 4 IFs have delays of 4.xxxx (with the xxxx's fairly close to
each other).  I believe that the average SB delay has to be taken out
of the phases in the fit and then put back in the output MB delay.  I wonder
how people were at all happy with MBDLY without this.

Eric