[daip] [!6569]: AIPS - questions about DOSCALE, SPECINDX in BPASS

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu May 14 11:51:04 EDT 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6569
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 15 May 2015 08:59 PM)

questions about DOSCALE, SPECINDX in BPASS

           Ticket ID: 6569

I looked more deeply and the variable DOMOD means less than
I thought (it means BPASSP(3)<=0) so I  had BPMOD called too
often (ignoring BPASSP(3)) in my "fix".  The division by source
flux would occur all the time both before and after that "fix".
So NEW and TST would be the same except for BPASSP(3).

Tomorrow will fix the excess invoking of BPMOD.  I tested
it and get flat bandpasses at about 1 with proper SU table
and no normalization and docal true.  With BPASSP(3) =1
(no division by SU flux) I get values from 5 to 4 (sqrt of source
flux) dropping toward higher freq by just the sqrt of the
ratio of low freq flux (27) to high (17).

I am also fixing a bug that had BPASS continue when no date were found.

Eric