[daip] [!6549]: AIPS - AIPS Machine

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue May 5 16:45:30 EDT 2015

Eric Greisen updated #6549
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 07 May 2015 08:24 PM)

AIPS Machine

           Ticket ID: 6549

I am surprised that IMAGR uses so much memory, but I think that the CASA low-level machine
should be adequate.  Lots of disk of course.

Note - if you run MORIF on your UV data set to make multiple IFs and then run the procedure
LINIMAGE things should go very much faster.  Reading your full data set into the single-channel
data set for imaging must be costing you  most of the time.  LINIMAGE copies each "IF" out
and the images only the channels within it before going on to the next IF.  This can reduce the
IO bytes read by factors of 8, 16, or ??