[daip] [!6513]: aips - UVAVG fails to average dataset in time

Eskil Varenius do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue May 5 08:36:02 EDT 2015

Eskil Varenius updated #6513
----------------------------

UVAVG fails to average dataset in time
--------------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 6513

Dear Eric,
Thank you very much, it seems to work fine now.

I tried to check the original measurement sets from LOFAR, before they were converted to FITS, and I seem to find the same offset of the array center relative to they Earth's center. This seems a bit strange to me, so I've asked some friends at ASTRON if they know why this is the case.

I checked the antenna tables for the files in AIPS with PRTAN, and I note that it says XYZHAND = 'RIGHT   '. From your previous comment, I expected it to say "LEFT" instead since you wrote it is left handed. But the positions seem to match the ones in the MS, so I assume AIPS is reading the coordinates correctly. What is the meaning of the XYZHAND in PRTAN?

Best regards,
Eskil