[daip] [!6380]: aips - problems to run SPFLG

Gabriela Castelletti do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 26 12:28:38 EDT 2015

Gabriela Castelletti updated #6380
----------------------------------

problems to run SPFLG
----------------------

           Ticket ID: 6380
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 26 March 2015 04:28 PM
             Updated: 26 March 2015 04:28 PM
                 Due: 30 March 2015 04:28 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 03 April 2015 04:28 PM (8d 0h 0m)

To whom it may concern,

I am calibrating data from GMRT using AIPS version 31DEC15. I started the calibration at home using a notebook (say PC1). As part of this procedure, I ran SPFLG and created two FG tables. I wanted to continued calibration in other computer (say PC2), so I used FITLD to store on PC2 the uv file created working on PC1. FITLD ran well. However, when I run SPFLG on PC2 over the uv file to continue flagging the data, I found the following message:

judas.> SPFLG1: Task SPFLG  (release of 31DEC15) begins
judas.> SPFLG1: using subarray 1
judas.> SPFLG1: Begin finding a list of times & baselines to enter the grid
judas.> SPFLG1: Total-power spectra will not be displayed
judas.> SPFLG1: UVGET: doing no flagging this time
judas.> SPFLG1: Warning: times badly distributed wrt averaging time
judas.> SPFLG1: Found  2142 time intervals to grid, so
judas.> SPFLG1: begin gridding the data to a cataloged SPFLGR file
judas.> SPFLG1: GRIDSP: NO BASELINES WITH DATA HAVE BEEN FOUND
judas.> SPFLG1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
judas.> SPFLG1: judas 31DEC15 TST: Cpu=     18.2  Real=     90  IO=     11245

I do not understand what is wrong: the file that I stored on PC2 has two FG tables, the same that the file on PC1. This is not surprising as both should be the same file. Moreover, SPFLG still doesn't work with flagver=-1. Nothing changes using docat 1 or -1.

I really need to work on two different machines to continue the reduction of the dataset when I am not in my office.

PS. Below I transcribe the inputs using in SPFLG on PC2 (the same to those used on PC1)

Thank you very much for the help,
Best,
Gabriela
INNAME     '15FEB_SF_21'